All the usual job things apply;
- You need to be able to communicate in more than a series of nods and grunts;
- You need to be able to figure out what you think is the best approach to a problem and then get on with it without needing someone to hold your hand through the process;
- You need to have a passion for building amazing stuff that ‘just works’ for the user;
- You need to have built a few things that we can see.
You’ll have a few questions. Here’s the lowdown on us;
- We’re a funded start-up based in Newcastle Upon Tyne. You’ll need to be based in Newcastle, at least in the short/medium term, and work from our office. We get remote working, we love it, but it won’t work until we know you. Our office is the Ignite Loft, so you’ll be working alongside loads of amazing start-ups, so you’ll probably want to be here anyway.
- Our front-end code is all JS (with jQuery, Backbone.js, Mustache.js, socket.io, etc), HTML5 and CSS3. Our back-end code is a mix of Python and Node.js, but we’re planning to shift to just Node.
- We’re a start-up so we can’t pay you massive amounts of cash yet. Someone described us as “the 37 Signals of Newcastle” once though, so that might change.
- We go to the pub for lunch on Fridays.
If this something that piques your interest then drop us an email at email@example.com telling us a little bit about who you are and we’ll go from there.